Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: GWCom — Guild Wars 2 Community. Falls dies dein erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lies bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird dir die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus solltest du dich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutze das Registrierungsformular, um dich zu registrieren oder informiere dich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls du dich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden.

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

• »LegendKillerII« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Schüler

Charaktername (GW2): Dragdorn Veldrath

Gilde (GW2): [GWC], [TNH]

Heimwelt: Riverside

• Private Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 20. September 2011, 20:02

The Book of Legend — A Guild Wars Story

Seid mir gegrüßt, liebe GWCommunity!

Heute fühle ich mich sehr geehrt, endlich den Anfang meiner Fan Fiction zum Spiel Guild Wars veröffentlichen zu können.

Index

F.A.Q.

- Was eine "Fan Fiction" ist?
"Fan Fiction" ist eine Unterart der "Fan Art", also der künstlerischen Betätigungen der Fans bestimmter Spiele, Bücher, Filme oder whatever.
Auf "Fan Fiction" bezogen ist das der Bereich der Geschichten, der "Fiktion".

In meinem Fall bezieht sich die Fan Fiction auf das in diesem Forum allzeit bekannte Spiel Guild Wars. Die Grundlage bietet natürlich die Geschichte sowie Hintergrundgeschichte des Spiels und dessen Ablegern, doch ich habe mir erlaubt, einige Stellen abzuändern (sonst wäre eine eigens geschriebene Geschichte auch Schwachsinn).
Genauer betrifft dies einige Daten (zB. das Pre-Searing in Prophecies geschieht an einem einzigen Tag, das geht einfach nicht), sowie Charaktere (u.a. erscheint mehr als ein "Spieler-Charakter") und Szenen, die meiner Meinung nach im Spiel ihrem eigentlichen Potential nicht gerecht werden *hust*Ruriks Verbannung*hust*Togos Tod*hust*

- Warum ist die Geschichte nur auf Englisch? Das ist ein deutschsprachiges Forum, goddamnit!?
Richtig, dies ist ein deutschsprachiges Forum, sowie ich auch sowohl in Deutschland geboren wurde, als auch derzeitig dort lebe. Aus diesem Grund wurde auch um Erlaubnis gefragt, eine englische Geschichte in einem deutschen Forum zu posten. Ich habe die Geschichte auf Englisch geschrieben, da ich finde, dass sie sich so besser liest. Im Moment ist keine Übersetzung geplant, sollte sich dies ändern, so werde ich euch darüber u.a. in diesem Thread informieren.

- Wovon genau handelt die Geschichte des »Book of Legend«?
Die Geschichte handelt von den Geschehnissen während, sowie vor und nach der Geschichte des Spieles. Dies ist nicht ein offizielles Werk und stimmt nicht in allen Aspekten mit der Geschichte von Guild Wars oder gar der Meinung von Mitarbeitern von ArenaNet überein! Außerdem ist die Geschichte nicht im Handel erhältlich, auch wenn man dies aus dem Titel "Book" schließen könnte.

Aber nun genug des Geredes und auf zur wahren Geschichte!

Credit goes to:
Hannes VanDer Werft:
- proofreader for all chapters

Knabbergebaeck:
- proofreader for chapter 0-1
- made a program called "Name Lister" which is included in his java project "GWLister" and which I used[/list]
The Falken Courier

GW: 11/30 GWAMM | 41/50 HoM
GW2: >4100 Achivement Points | r2 WvW | 86% World Completion

@bStefann: über Guild Wars, Scripting, und anderes.
[EN/DE]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 10 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LegendKillerII« (17. November 2011, 16:07)

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Dienstag, 20. September 2011, 20:07

Zitat

My name is Viral Greywind, also known as the »Shadowhunter«. I am a citizen of the once proud nation of Ascalon.
During my journey, I would become a legend in the eyes of the world, a monster in the eyes of many; and a dear friend in the eyes of few.

Many of my comrades died, but their names won’t be forgotten.
Because this is our story!

The Book of Legend
A Guild Wars Story
by regendo aka. bStefann aka. LegendKiller2

Act Zero: Prelude
  • 0 - 1: The Bitter Enemy

In the year 1051AE of the Mouvelian calendar, I was born an Ascalonian during the season of the Zephyr.
My country is the most beautiful amongst all of the human kingdoms and my home, Duke Barradin’s Estate, shines even brighter.
However, that beauty would not last forever.
Even I, 9-years old Viral, son of Urbral Greystone who fell during the Guild Wars while protecting the Duke, knew it.
The reason for my grim training at Fort Ranik, an academy of war. Charr.

The Charr are an ancient, catlike race of war-trained humanoids, although cat might be the wrong word. Without a doubt, they are the true kings of animals.
With about one and a half men’s height while standing on their legs, about twice that strength and their sharp claws, fangs, horns and ears, there is probably no human who would make his stand against a charr. To make things worse, the furred beasts are smart enough to communicate and think of strategies to wage their war against us.

They came from the north, although nobody seems to know where from exactly. Legend tells of great warriors of old who pushed the charr back from what is now Ascalon and built the city on top of it.
To be honest, I didn’t believe in such stories.
Not then, and not now either. I have seen too many soldiers tremble in front of the charr’s roar, too many fangs and claws ripping apart what once resembled a great warrior’s armor.
Truth is, WE struggle to keep them behind the great northern wall. But if it would fall, all of Ascalon would be doomed.
If WE are the mouse, they are the cat. A blood thirsty five foot tall cat with a broadsword, that is.
But WE are many. And if cornered, the mouse eventually might develop a bear’s strength.
I used to believe in that.
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LegendKillerII« (8. Oktober 2011, 17:23)

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 29. September 2011, 13:49

• 0 - 2: To Earn One's Wings

At the age of 17, I joined Ascalon Academy along with Pyre. He’s a Melandru’s Stalker that became my pet while
traveling to Fort Ranik. There, I became friends with Neihl Bearhunter, a 32-years old warrior who just recently joined the
ranks of the soldiers. Until then, he used to hang out with his friends Benton, Dannel, Bruse and Senssa, drinking Hunter’s
Ale all day while hunting black bears. Since he joined the academy, he only hunts with his friends once a week and drinks a
lot less – which eventually made him become more serious and stronger, too.
Eventually, WE would join the Ascalon Vanguard, a military group completely independent from the king’s army and lead
by our prince Rurik of Ascalon, son of King Adelbern of Ascalon, - who became the king because of his actions in the Guild
Wars, instead of Duke Barradin who actually was of the royal bloodline of Doric.
The king and his son owned the legendary swords Sohothin and Madgaer, ancient artifacts from the holy city of Arah,
although nobody knew where they actually got them from. It is said that the swords wield a terrifying power but at that
time, no one could even imagine their extent.

Upon joining the Vanguard, I also met Paulus the Abbot, a monk of about my age whom I met in the year 1065AE while
helping him out with his quest in the catacombs below Ashford Abbey. Together, WE formed a team of four and did our best
to defend our homeland. WE did not use to fight the charr – luckily, there weren’t many who came past the wall. But even
without them, there were enough foes for everyone.
Undead crawled out from an unknown place deep within the catacombs and giant plague worms used to appear on the
farmers’ fields. Devourers, scorpion-like beings with a twin tail and a length of about a fully grown man’s height, used
to breed in secret caves. There were also bandits and grawl, primitive humanoid beings which were held by the charr as a
lesser, slave-like race.
Lieutenant Langmar, officer of the Ascalon Vanguard, used to tell us about uprisings of either of them, and somehow, WE
always were the ones to fulfill the job. It was quite the good training, though.

One day, there was report of a charr having passed the wall, leading quite the amount of grawl, either spying on a way to
break the wall from inside or attempting to raid the settlements. But no matter what his true intentions are, he wouldn’t be
up for any good. Prince Rurik of Ascalon himself chose to dispose of him, and WE were to accompany him on his quest.
That day, I thought, I’d be the most prideful soldier of all of the vanguard.
However, that day did not go as planned…
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011, 15:02

Zitat

“As WE made our way towards the citadel,
WE were struck by the smell of Grawl and burnt flesh.
How come this wasn’t noticed earlier?”

• 0 - 3: Kings Of The Hill

At the dawn of a new day, WE sallied forth to raid the charr’s lair, the prince left only little time later.
Vatlaaw Doomtooth, as the charr scout in question was called, was reported to have spent the night on
the hills behind the citadel of Ascalon Academy along with his small army of grawl. He must have found a passage leading there from the catacombs.
WE assumed it would be a bad idea to simply charge in at night because charr are pretty much like cats – well, lions would be more accurate.
And cats can see through the darkest night, using their nocturnal vision. Charr can’t do this, but WE did not know that for sure.
As WE arrived, WE saw them. The charr set up camp in the old bunker behind the citadel and the hills between us were full of grawl.
There were about 30 of them and it was out of pure luck WE hadn’t already been noticed.
Then WE ran out of luck.

Grawl have a very sensitive nose. One may not think of it, due to their own strong smell, but actually they can differ between smells a lot better than any dog could.
They did not need to see us. But as soon as a swift wind rose, the grawl charged at us at an unbelievable speed.

“Darn their noses”, Neihl coursed as he lifted his giant axe, hasting to prepare for battle as the grawl approached.
I managed to quickly kill off two of them with my arrows as they approached but they were too fast.
As the grawl went into melee range, I threw away the bow and raised my shield.
“Just in time”, I thought as the grawl’s hammer crashed down on it.
I would have to get my bow back later. For now, there was some other business to take care of.
And before the attacker could deal another blow, I pulled out my sword and beheaded him with a single stroke.
Two more approached and the crystalline sword fed from their blood. Having cleared my view,
I looked around in Order to get a view on the situation, only to see a grawl’s arm flying my way.
“I praise you, Balthazar, for today, you gave me another chance to crash some more of these apes’ heads!
Be honored, my dear enemies, for today, you will meet with both Balthazar, for he is the mighty God of War,
and Grenth, for he will be the one to send your souls over to the other side! ”
, the warrior roared. Neihl was doing fine.
Then I saw Pyre. He was surrounded by five grawl and unfortunately, another blocked my way.
I charged at him so I could rush to help my companion but I underestimated him.
Having blocked my blow, the ape-like creature threw a thrust at me. I managed to evade the attack,
but there was no way I could get to Pyre in time now. Swearing, I cut after the grawl’s feet as suddenly, a bright flash blinded my view.
Light bolts of blue-white energy emitted from the monk’s hand as he spoke the last words of his prayer to Balthazar,
his eyes filled with the arcane magic that pulsed through his body.
As in ecstasy, Paulus raised his head towards the heavens where thick, black clouds formed. This was not the work of an air elementalist.
“Guilty”, the monk spoke the last word in something that clearly was not his own voice, and a bright ray of light shot down,
unleashing the heavenly judgment as it smote the grawl, leaving behind nothing but burnt ashes.
No necromancy would be able to raise a single minion from these corpses anymore, let alone returning life to them.

As the light faded away, the divine energy left the monk’s body, leaving him exhausted from the great magic that had flooded his veins.
And as his awareness slowly returned, Paulus dropped to his knees, through the smoke that rose from the burnt corpses of grawl,
onto the grass of the battlefield which still was full of life.
It was then when out of the smoke, a single arrow appeared, making his way towards the monk.
“Dwayna –“, the exhausted believer stumbled in fear, as his eyes widened in shock.
Drained as he was, he could not possibly evade the projectile, let alone cast a defensive spell in time. But then, a shadow blocked his sight, as all of the sudden,
a dark figure appeared in front of him, catching the arrow with its shield.
Prince Rurik of Ascalon caught up with us just in time. And he did not come alone: He was accompanied by Grazden, a monk who specialized on protection prayers
and Sir Tydus, a warrior who got famous by fighting the charr in the Northlands.

Now, the fate of battle had turned in our favor and the way to the old bunker was cleared. But WE would not be allowed to rest: As the smoke cleared up,
WE could see the charr at the bunker’s entrance, releasing a fearsome battle roar as he drew another arrow and sent it against the seven of us.
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LegendKillerII« (6. Oktober 2011, 15:10)

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Montag, 10. Oktober 2011, 14:08

Klitzekleines Update:

Hallo zusammen :)
Nein, es ist noch nicht Donnerstag und es kommt noch nicht das neue Chapter.
Ich habe vielmehr eine andere Meldung zu machen:
  1. es gibt jetzt eine Feedback-Adresse für diejenigen, die aus irgendeinem Grund mir nicht im Forum schreiben wollen. Erinnerung: Es ist ausdrücklich erwünscht, in diesem Thread, als PN oder als E-mail Feedback zu geben! Email: feedback.bol@gmail.com
  2. Urbral Greystone, der unglücklicherweise bereits verstorbene Vater von Viral Greywind, hat, aufgrund neuester Strukturwandlungen in der Unterwelt (wir erinnern uns: Dhuum) die Infrastruktur betreffend, nun eine Verbindung zum Internetz und zwitschert fröhlich über die Abenteuer, sowie über andere Dinge, welche das Book of Legend betreffen. Folgt ihm unter @UrbralGreystone!

Und letztendlich: Ich habe auf die Schnelle ein Logo gezimmert. Mag nicht das Beste sein aber mir gefällt es und hey, bisher gab es gar keins ;)
Das Bild befindet sich übrigens im Anhang.
»LegendKillerII« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Book of Legend.png
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Gilde (GW2): Legendary Empire of the Zaishen [ZRNK]

Heimwelt: Jade-Quarry

Montag, 10. Oktober 2011, 22:09

Ist bis jetzt ziemlich gut geworden, aber muss der Titel nicht eigentlich The Book of Legends heißen? :D
A Kodan, a norn and a troll walk into a pub.
-Yea. You have come up with a punchline now - off the top of your head.
The punchline is: The norn just gets drunk and punches you.

HoM 50/50 Geschafft!

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Montag, 10. Oktober 2011, 22:17

Nein, müsste es eigentlich nicht ;)
"Book of Legend" war der ursprüngliche Arbeitstitel, der hat mir dann aber so gut gefallen, dass ich ihn beibehalten habe.
Außerdem gibt es wie ich heute zufällig bemerkt habe bereits ein "Book of Legends", bzw. gleich mehrere verschiedene: Nämlich ein Buch, mindestens 1 kostenloses Download-Spiel und eine Twitter-Seite, die offenbar irgendwas mit Superman zu tun hat. Ich selbst habe natürlich mit nix davon zu tun!

Außerdem mal ganz unter uns, wo uns die oben genannten nicht hören können: Book of Legend hört/liest sich doch auch viel toller an, die anderen haben einfach keinen Style!
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 13. Oktober 2011, 14:21

Zitat

“I can still remember...
that fateful day when my world was set ablaze”

• 0 - 4: Defenders of Ascalon?

Neihl charged at the charr, evading his arrow with a sidestep. Sir Tydus the Famous followed him.
Today, WE would rise above his fame as the mighty warriors, the heroes of the day who slew the forceful charr
along with his grawl even before they could bring harm to the people of Ascalon.
At least so I thought while searching for the bow I dropped earlier.

As the warriors approached the charr, he unleashed a barrage of arrows upon us which fortunately were blocked by a blue-white glowing shield.
“That’s weird”, I thought while throwing a word of thanks towards the protector. “Shouldn’t he rather care about the warriors instead of us?”
Then I noticed our mistake: the defensive ranger’s tactical advantage on the battlefield.
“Watch out!” I shouted, but I was too late. As Sir Tydus took another step, he fell right through the grass,
into a pitfall which was just high enough so that he couldn’t get out of it by himself.
While still running, Neihl took a quick look for his companion as he tripped over a wire. He managed not to fall, but for a second, his defense was lifted.
And as he looked up again, the charr punched him right into his face with a force no human could ever develop, sending the warrior flying our way.
WE fell right into the charr’s traps.

“Tsk.” Rurik spit out as he broke the arrow which was stuck in of his shield.
“Grazden, aid the two of them! Let’s hope the Bear Hunter’s skull is not cracked. Greywind! Can you cover me?”
“Yes, my Prince!” I replied, finally picking up the bow I searched for.
“Fine then”, the prince said as he charged for the invader, looking out for traps along his way.
While the soldier ran, I aimed for the charr and let go of the first arrow.
»I won’t give you the time to aim for any of us «, I thought while I reached for another arrow.
The charr had evaded the first shot and now turned in my direction.
»Perfect. Just look at me and forget about the others. « And I sent the next arrow flying.
»Missed. « The charr jumped back and evaded the projectile.

»An eye for an eye, huh? « I had to think as a sudden smile flashed over my face.
“Pyre! ” The charr cringed as he heard me shout. I don’t know why he did but it was not important.
On my command, the stalker jumped at him from behind. Vatlaaw quickly turned around in Order to dodge him
but he was too late as the companion drove his sharp fangs into the charr’s leg.
The beast roared as the ache went through his body and tried to shake him off. But he had no luck in at doing so.
At that moment, Rurik drove his blade Sohothin deep into his back and pierced right through his black heart, its flames devouring the beast from the inside.
And as the boiling blood splattered out of the wound, the mighty charr fell dead, painting the green grass of Ascalon in a crimson red.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was in the late evening when WE arrived at Farmer Dirk’s »Tavern of the Happy Pig« outside the city walls.
It was the first day opened and WE feasted the whole night.There was roasted pork with fresh aloe seeds and lots of aged hunter’s ale.
Sir Tydus already had pretty much recovered; he only suffered from a sprained ankle. Paulus was all better too and Neihl only broke a few of his ribs. It could have come worse.
It was only little before daybreak, about the tenth time Sir Tydus was telling the crowd how he single-handedly defeated the charr and cut his neck off.
He added some more details every time he told the story but his admirers did not care, for most of them were at least as drunk as the hero he claimed he was.
Then all of the sudden, a quake shook the inn and the ceiling was catching fire.

“What wash that?” one shouted.
“S-shomewhone gedd a wather elementalisht”, another stumbled, desperately trying not to trip while searching for what was left of the ale.

Paulus and I ran outside to see what happened. Oh, how I’d prefer I hadn’t seen.
As WE left the tavern, large parts of the city already were on fire. And when WE looked at the sky, WE saw huge flaming rocks shooting down like the stars.
One of them was headed straight at us.

“By the love of Dwayna –“, I heard the monk say, unwillingly to believe what his eyes just witnessed.
Then the meteor crashed down on a building next to us and the heat burned away the rest of his words.

That day, the charr broke down the northern wall.

Act Zero\end
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2011, 15:04

Act One: Charr'd Earth

• 1 - 1: Scattered Feathers

It has been about one and a half years since that day. The crystal-shaped meteors which set the green fields of Ascalon ablaze
cooled down a long time ago after the fire was extinguished, but the grass would not ever turn green again.
Neither would the smell of ashes ever disappear from our country, would the people of Ascalon ever life in peace and harmony again.
I do not know just how much time already has passed. Because since that day, thick black clouds darkened the sky, cutting off
all of Ascalon from the sun’s light, the bringer of life which is necessary in Order to measure the flow of time.
Did our gods leave us? I do not know the answer to that question.

But not all was lost just yet. Because deep inside, the Seed of hope still remained.
And as I watched the zephyr’s early morning mists lift, a distant silhouette rose from the burnt land which once was full of life.
At the center of all destruction, there lied the City of Ascalon, the mighty stronghold which stood against the assault of the charr.
Many times they charged at the fortress walls, many times they tried to break down the city gates.
But Ascalon refused to fall.

“Do you think it’s morning yet?” I recognized a familiar voice behind my back.
“The mists are lifting”, I replied while standing up, turning around to where the voice came from, “So I think it is.”
Behind me stood Neihl Bearhunter, the warrior I’ve been travelling with for so long. “Let’s wake the others.”
“Do WE have anything left to eat?”
“No. But Fort Ranik is only little ahead. WE should arrive there within an hour or two.”
Fort Ranik once was a famous academy of war, even after it had been destroyed during the Guild Wars. Now only the outer walls remained.
But under command of Lord Darrin, the few soldiers of Fort Ranik managed to defend their home against the invading forces of charr.
However, that victory came at its price. Many of Darrin’s soldiers died during the battle and even more died of starvation or thirst before the capital’s elementalists arrived.
And even now, the charr are preparing to crush the fort, our only safe outpost left other than the main city.
And that was why WE made our way towards the Fort. That is what our mission was:
To bring warning of the forces of charr which were on their way to burn down what remained of Fort Ranik.

I was traveling together with Neihl Bearhunter and Paulus the Abbot as usual. Also, Ben Windfall, a mage who was trained in
controlling the elements of both air and water, was traveling along with us.
After all, water magic was what kept you alive in times like these where rain did not fall.

Only little time later, WE made our way towards Fort Ranik. WE met some devourers along the way but they were taken care of rather quickly.
But WE weren’t allowed to let our guard down. After all, WE did not know who else lurked in this area.
WE travelled for quite a while, stopping in front of every corner while looking what was at the other side.
This time, it was Neihl who looked around the corner as suddenly, he cringed as he pulled back his head and sneaked back to us,
trying not to make a single sound. The surprise was written large in his face.
“Charr”, he whispered, “Seven of them! They must be the vanguard scouting the way towards the fort.”
“I don’t think WE should fight them right now”, Paulus replied, speaking out what was in everyone’s head.
“Let’s get to Fort Ranik first; it shouldn’t be too far from here. The mission has priority! WE can always return with reinforcements later on.”

WE turned around in Order to find another way when all of the sudden, Ben tripped over a stone and bumped head-on into the warrior.
“Crap – “, he spit out as he dropped on the ground.
At the next moment, the charr stormed around the corner. Of course they heard us. After all, with their two sets of ears,
there is no way they wouldn’t notice the Bearhunter’s plate mail clank.

As two of the charr warriors charged at us, I pulled out my bow and sent the first arrow flying. The charr blocked it with his shield but for a single moment,
he stopped approaching and Ben knocked him down with his wind. At the same moment, Neihl ran towards the fire caller, raising his battle axe as he drew near.
The elementalist struck at him with his staff but the soldier cut it in half with a single strike.
“Take that, you furred beasts!” the warrior roared, aiming for the charr’s head.

I jumped in front of the monk as the charr approached him, raising my shield while I drew my sword.
Two arrows were already struck in his armor but he didn’t seem to care about that.
“Neihl! WE need you back here!” I shouted as the axe fiend attacked me and it felt like he was trying to break my shield in two.
Neihl Bearhunter turned around; his axe drenched in blood, he ran towards us.

Paulus backed down as the fierce beast knocked my shield from the worn-out hand.
Knowing that my leather armor wouldn’t hold off even a single one of his hits, I took the offensive and tried to cut through the warrior’s head.
That surely wasn’t a good idea. As I hit his helmet with my sword, the crystalline blade shattered, which probably surprised the charr just as much as me.
However, he recovered from it much faster and, as I drew back the hilt, slashed at me.
I cried out loud as the pain struck through my body, as the charr drew his axe out of my shoulder, launching into another blow.
But before he could hit me again, a jet of water hit him in the face and blue energy surrounded my wound, closing it up from the inside.
However, the monk couldn’t stop the ache which still rendered me unable to move as the charr,
still blinded by the water, hit after me with his bare hand and sent me flying.

The next moment, I was lying on the ground, my back hurting from the impact; the wound at my shoulder had already closed up
and most likely, not even a scar would remain. Staggering, I stood up and reached for my bow and arrows which-by some miracle-were still intact.
As the humming inside of my head died down, I aimed for the charr which now was chasing after the abbot.
Then suddenly, I noticed a shadow from behind of me.
»Too slow«

As I tried to turn around, the charr drove his sword through my back.
I spit blood as he pulled the blade out of me. My body, unable to stand on its own, dropped on its knees and my vision got blurred.
Then I felt the pain and fell down.
I gasped for air as blood flooded my lungs. But it was in vain.

I heard some distant voices but I was not able to tell their owners.
For the last time, I opened my eyes, but all I could see was a single feather.
The moa’s feather had dropped from my headband.
The feather which symbolized freedom; a freedom far away from the guilds which would only wage war; far away from Ascalon and the charr behind its wall.
A freedom far away from all that sorrow in my world.
A long time ago, that was what I wished for.

Now, the feather slowly faded into darkness as my vision blurred and my world turned black.
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2011, 22:20

• 1 - 2: Emptiness.

»Darkness. «
»But this darkness is not black. It is not white either. «
»How long have I been lying here? I cannot feel the time passing by. «
»How did I get here? «
»What is this place? «
»It is not light yet it is not dark. «
»It does not smell; it does not sound. «
»I cannot even feel it. It is empty; it does not have a bottom. «
»What is this? How did I get here? «
»These questions are haunting me again. «
»Who am I? «
»A mask lies on my face; a broken bow lies next to me. «
»Am I an archer? «
»No, that’s right. I am a ranger. And my name is … what is my name? «
»How long have I been lying here, floating in this darkness which is none? «
»Whose hand is this? The hand which just appeared out of nowhere; is it my hand? «
»It is covered in blood; did someone die? «
»Did I – «

»I am lying in the shadow of a tree and cannot find an answer to those questions. «
»Who am I? The answer lies within my broken memory. «
»If I knew, would I be able to leave this place? «
»Yet another question I don’t know the answer to. «
»The tree fades away; it was a lie. «
»What is this place? «
»Floating in empty space, why do I know so little? «
»Hallucinations are taking over my mind; is it the madness that dwells within this empty place? «
»I hear a distant voice. Is it real or not? I cannot tell. «
»It can’t be true; who speaks those words? «
»Inside this empty world, they can’t be heard! «
»What is this now; there, a little bit ahead. «
»A shady figure, who goes there? «

[font='Comic Sans MS, sans-serif']“Ō arutā kemupufā, deru zō langu shon isutu ferushutōruben, hūre wazu ihha habu tsu zagen.
Lānge tsait shon warutezutu dū; in dīzā lēren werutu, hīru hasutu du dihha feruborugen.
Dohha tsu waffen rūfu ihha nun, dihha veteranu deru tōtu gefarren.
Mitu Gurentuzu shutimme rūfu ihha dihha: turittu heru, turittu foru mainu angezihhatu!
Zō dassu tsuzammen wīru kunn gēn, fon dīzā werutu in dī reare.“[/font] *

»I hear the voice; I hear him talking. «
»Yet can I not understand; what is he telling? «
»But his words, they sound so nice. «
»They make me feel to follow him. «
»Where did he come from, that shady guy? «
»Is maybe there one not so empty place inside? «
»Is maybe there a way out of this emptiness? «

»I run towards him, yet I don’t. «
»For the distance stays the same. «
»I cannot reach him, my only clue to the outside! «

“Esu shaintu dū wirruzutu tsū miru nun kommen, dohha deru gedanke hērutu dihha fezutu.
Ō Gurentu deru gurōse, hirufu demu kunāben, zodassu eru findetu dēn gedanken!“

»I keep on running but I don’t move. «
»Something is still here; it blocks my way. «
»What is this? I can see it clearly now. «
»A gray wind is blowing me away. «
»No wait; it’s not! It does not blow at me. «
»But it runs right through me, floods my veins. «
»Now, I slowly approach the man whose face I cannot see. «
»And as I close up to him, a thought comes to my mind: «
»Greywind. Yes, that is my name! «
»Viral Greywind, that is me! «

“It seems that you found your answer,”
the man says, his face hidden in deep shadows,[font='Comic Sans MS, sans-serif']“Well then, come on and walk with me.”
“Behind there lays your former world. Go on, now leave this place!”[/font]

“Who are you? Where does such knowledge come from?”
“It does not concern you, just part from here.
This place does not welcome you; it is the void which swallows thee.”
“Well, thank you. I will leave you then.”

»I turn in the direction the faceless pointed at. «
»There, not too far away, stands a giant gate. «
»I start walking towards it. «
»There is no floor underneath me, no path I could stand on; yet I keep on walking. «
»I have never seen a gate like this. «
»I don't know what it is made of, but it shines as if it was out of pure light. «
»And on top of the stairs, at its very center, stand the gate doors. «
»Carved from a single rock and inscribed with foreign symbols,
these doors do not even closely resemble anything from this world. «
»I look behind me; the mysterious man is not there anymore. «
»Was he ever there to begin with? «
»No, no more questions, no more guessing answers! «

And pushing open the gate, I step right through it and into the light.

Zitat

Gewinnspiel
Von dem heutigen Tag bis zum Mittwoch, den 2. November 2011 um 19:00 deutscher Zeit findet ein Gewinnspiel statt!
Dieses ist GW2Pro-exklusiv aber trauert nicht, bei der richtigen Gelegenheit wird auch hier ein Gewinnspiel kommen.
Hier ist der Link zum Thread auf GW2Pro: Link

Zitat

"Oh alter Kämpfer, der so lang schon ist gefallen, höre was ich hab zu sagen.
Lange Zeit schon wartest du; in dieser leeren Welt, hier hast du dich verborgen.
Doch zu Waffen ruf ich nun, dich Veteran der tot gefallen.
Mit Grenths Stimme ruf ich dich: tritt her, tritt vor mein Angesicht!
So dass zusammen wir könn' gehn, von dieser Welt in die reale."

(english version)
(this can't be translated accurately, but I'll try my best to kind of get the same meaning while keeping a similar style)

"Oh fighter of old, you who fell dead so long ago, hear now what I have to say to you.
It's been so long, but you have waited; inside this empty world is where you hid yourself.
But now, to arms I summon thee, veteran who died long time ago.
With the voice of Grenth I summon thee: step forward, to the face of mine!
So that together WE may leave this world, for the real one is awaiting you."

Zitat

"Es schein du willst zu mir nun kommen, doch der Gedanke hält dich fest.
Oh Grenth der Große, hilf dem Knaben, sodass er findet den Gedanken!"

(english version)
(this can't be translated accurately, but I'll try my best to kind of get the same meaning while keeping a similar style)

"It seems you'd like to come to me, but it's the thought which keeps you away.
Oh mighty Grenth, now help the boy, so he might find the answer to his question."
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LegendKillerII« (3. November 2011, 16:39)

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 17:11

• 1 - 3: Lichified

Under the dark sky of a burnt country, a man slowly opened his eyes.
Voices surrounded him, but he did not know their owners.
As his vision cleared, he sat up.
“Where am I? Isn’t this the clouded sky of Ascalon?
Paulus, did you –“
“I’m afraid that’s not my name. Tell me, who is this Paulus whom you speak of?”
The man winced. He had heard that voice before.
“Who are y–“, he turned around and stared right into the speaker’s face.

The man who spoke to him had black hair with a light purple tone to it.
He was no older than thirty years at most, yet his face was covered in scars.
And through the dark hair, the man glared at him with a madman’s eyes, studying him like some rare animal
while swallowing him whole for the sake of knowledge.
»No way – «
“N – Necro – mancer!”
Then the man lost consciousness and his body hit the floor.

“Aww, too bad. Now he’s gone again.”
– “Well, he certainly is not the only one to blame for that. I, too, would be scared to death
if I woke up after such a long time and the first thing I saw was your face.”
“That’s mean. Those words of yours really hurt, your Majesty.”
– “More importantly, is that guy going to come back? He’s not dead, is he?”
“He’s been dead to begin with, but doesn’t that just make him even more interesting?
And yes, he just passed out so it’s only a matter of time until he decides to regain consciousness.”

– “Anyways, WE cannot afford to stay here. If you can’t make him keep up with the rest of us, he will get left behind, you know that.”
“Alright, we’re done here! WE march east and make sure to keep your guard up!”

“Ahh, he’s too mean, that prince. Anyways, you’re somewhere in there, aren’t you? ”, the necromancer tapped the man’s head.
“I’d really like to learn more of you, but I fear that will have to wait until you’re back.”
“Hey, WE won’t be waiting just for you! Hurry up over there!”
“And that guy’s so mean, too. He does not even understand what I did there and yet … he’s so ignorant!
But you know, you will go with me, even if you’re not willing to”
, he spoke and leaned towards the fallen man’s ear,
whispering words in a language the living hadn’t heard since such a long time ago: “Eruhēbe dihha!” *

»Darkness. WE meet again. «
»But deep inside this darkness, there stands a shining gate. «
»I run towards it and as I get closer, the darkness around me forms a shape. «
»Out of the darkness, a wall of stone appears. «
»Is it a temple? «
»No; the wall is broken and covered in moss. «
»The smell of burnt earth draws near; a scent I remember far too well. «
»I run through the broken corridor. «
»It smells of burnt flesh and death; I keep on running and do not look behind.«
»I finally arrive at the gate. I push its doors and open my eyes. «

“… of the last Guild War. Since the sky rained fire and destroyed Ascalon. “
– “You’ve been here since the Searing? That’s over two years!
Are there others? ”
“Yes. The remnants of my unit, …”

»Where – how did I get here? «
»Where – «
“– am I? “

“Oh! So it seems he’s back at last. I’ve been wondering what kept you so long.”
– “It’s you again! I know you – you were there; in this darkness!
Who are you!”
– “Darkness, that’s what you call it. I see; that’s kind of fitting. I’ve never heard of anyone putting it in words as those.”
“Just who are you? Answer me!”
– “Ah, I see! You want to know my name,but do you even think
you’re in the situation to ask me about something?
Look, you’re not the one in power here!”

– “Stop it, Necromancer! Don’t cross the line.”, a monk appeared all of the sudden, “He’ll fight at
our side so there’s no need to make him just some little underling.”

“Hello there.”, he turned towards me.
“I am Mhenlo, priest of Serenity Temple and servant of both Dwayna and
Balthazar. And this guy here – “

– “Thank you, pathless, but I still think can talk for myself as well.”

“Before you stands Alistar Blaik von Blutfaust, descendant of the noble house of Blutfaust and – “
“– Yeah, sure; whatever. Anyways, I am Cynn and WE are currently behind the wall
on the search for war prisoners of the charr.
We’ve already freed some of them but there seem to be more ahead.

That guy doesn’t really help too much, though …”
– “Will you please refrain from interrupting me again, dear Miss ‘I blow shit up’? ”,
Blutfaust interrupted her with a face that would possibly scare away every
single living being. That being said, I no longer was amongst the living at that point.
“Uh? Would you mind saying that again, scar-freak? ”, the elementalist responded,
revealing her hot-tempered attitude.
»Just what kind of mad house did I end up in? «
“Please, Cynn, it’s fine. He didn’t mean it so keep your flames down, will you?
You are not leaving too much of a good, first expression here.”
“Mhenlo …
Stay the hell outa this! ”
, she suddenly shouted, kicking the monk to where she thought
it’d probably hurt him the most.
Groaning, the monk fell down, his face struck in pain.
“D – Dwayna …
he … heal my sorrow …”
“And you,” she turned towards the necromancer, “You watch your mouth. Don’t think
that Mhenlo will come to your help at any time! “
, she turned away from him and left the scene.

“My, my. That girl surely is one of our most dangerous opponents yet to face, isn’t she, Mhenlo?
And that hot temper of hers; I wonder if it’s alright to let her stay in the
party if she keeps on injuring team members.
I would really like to talk with you a little more but alas, it seems that
Rurik over there has finished talking to the prisoner.
Anyways, you surely have noticed that something’s not as usual here.

You even remember what you saw over there, don’t you?”

He was right.
Nothing anymore seemed to be what it usually would be like.
My leather armor was torn to pieces and halfway rotten.
The headband with the feather struck in it was not there any longer, unveiling long, pale hair.
Even the golden hair which had accompanied me for my whole life had bleached.

“Hey, hey! I’ve just asked you something and unfortunately, I cannot read your mind.”
“Oh, right. I’m sorry.”
“So, what is the last thing you can remember?”
“I – I opened my eyes. I heard some voices and then …
then I saw your face and – “

“– No, before that. What is the last thing you remember before you met me first?”

“I think … I was with Paulus … and Neihl. That’s right, what happened to them!”
“Well, I don’t know the answer to that question but it matters only little since it is of no
interest to me. What happened after that?

“After … there are charr. Was there a battle?
And after that… the memory is blurred… I hear – there’s a voice!”

«Viral! Come on, don’t die on me! Dwayna, I please you What was that? Neihl! No! Neihl! God damn it!
Dwayna, Balthazar! Anyone! Help ah! No! noo-»

The ranger stood there and did not move an inch, his eyes filled with only emptiness.

“Back then … I died?”

[EN/DE]

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 18:07

Gefällt mir persöhnlich sehr, aber kann man nach 2 Jahren totseins noch sprechen? :P

HoM 50/50 Geschafft!

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 18:33

Offenbar Ja, steht ja so in der Geschichte.
Außerdem waren es ja keine 2 Jahre. Immerhin waren es ja schon geschätzte 1.5 Jahre zwischen dem Searing und dem Beginn des ersten Chapters.
Wenn dicke Wolken die Sonne verdunkeln lässt sich halt die Zeit schlecht messen. Es gibt natürlich noch einige Gelehrte, die ziemlich genau wissen, wieviel Uhr an welchem Tag es ist, aber zu diesen gehört die Gruppe nun mal nicht und sie halten sich atm auch nicht in einer Stadt auf, wo sie einen solchen Gelehrten treffen könnten.

Aber zu deiner eigentlichen Frage:
Er (Viral) ist ja nicht tot, zumindest zZ. nicht. Der Titel des Kapitels lässt diese Vermutung aufkommen ;)
Und wer sagt überhaupt, dass Untote zum Sprechen Stimmbänder brauchen? MMn. reichen da auch schon 1 oder mehrere Finger, sowie eine Tastatur...
Und sonst, wie sagt man so schön... Magie~ :P (Totschlag Argument ftw!)
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 18:46

Hehe, Magie ftw :)
Aber so wie ich es rausgelesen habe war er für längere Zeit tot, und da setzt schon ein gewisser Grad an Verwesung des Körpers ein ;)
Und er kann ja sogar noch denken^^"

HoM 50/50 Geschafft!

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 18:56

Wie schon gesagt, das macht alles Sinn wenn man das richtige aus dem Titel rausliest :D
Lich != Untoter
Ein Lich ist praktisch ein Untoter, der noch seinen eigenen Willen hat. Es gibt natürlich dutzende verschiedene Beschreibungen, aber das ist in etwa die, die ich genommen habe. Lich kommt übrigens einfach von Leiche.

Zitat

und da setzt schon ein gewisser Grad an Verwesung des Körpers ein

Ähm ja, das war auch mein Problem als ich mir das überlegt hab. Habe dann aber nach reichlich Wikipedia und vielen Bildern, die ich eigentlich so gar nicht sehen wollte, entschieden, dass in diesem Fall wohl Story > RL-Logik ;)
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 19:03

Ich hab nur als Tot das Stadium, in dem er sich befand, bezeichnet nachdem er gestorben ist bzw das Bewusstsein verlor (in 1 -2: Emptiness beschrieben). Es wird halt nur nicht klar, ob er 1,5 Jahre lang dort rumgelegen hat und sein Gehirn noch arbeiten konnte, oder ob er 1,5 Jahre lang rumgelaufen ist, ohne etwas zu sehen oder ob er 1,5 Jahre lang absolut tot am Boden lag under vom Nekromanten reanimiert wurde und die Gedanken aus 1-2 nur kurz vorm wiedererwachen zustande gekommen sind. Aber irgendwas muss er ja in der Zeit gemacht haben, da er ja noch denken konnte und sich erinnern kann.
Das er am Ende ein Untoter ist, ist mir klar.

HoM 50/50 Geschafft!

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 19:16

Also er liegt nicht physisch in dieser Leere. Sein Körper ist immer noch unter dem schwarzen Himmel von Ascalon, aber sein Geist ist in dieser leeren Welt.
Der Zeitsprung von den geschätzten 1,5 Jahren war vom Searing (Ende 0-4) bis die Story wieder aufgegriffen wurde (1-1).
Das heißt die ~0,5 Jahre zwischen 1-1 und 1-3 lag er in Ascalon auf dem Boden und war einfach nur tot. Allerdings ist er nicht zu einem wandelnden Geist geworden und auch nicht in die Unterwelt gekommen, sondern war (psychisch) in dieser Leere innerhalb seines Verstands gefangen. Bisschen blöd zu erklären, die Welt war halt leer weil er tot war und keinen klaren Gedanken mehr fassen konnte. Auch hat er nicht gemerkt, ob oder wie die Zeit verstreicht, denn der Tod ist unendlich. Es wurde ja auch gezeigt wie er sich an nichts mehr erinnern konnte, da sein Verstand eben "leer" war.

€: btw, wie findet ihr die Sache mit dem grauen Text?
Also ich habe extra darauf geachtet dass man die Farbe noch lesen kann. Mit vielen verschiedenen Schriftarten zu schreiben ist halt so ein Problem, wenn das Forum ganze 13 davon anbietet und die sich teilweise nicht ganz so leicht unterscheiden lassen. In diesem Kapitel ist jetzt nur das von Blaik gesprochene farbig markiert, das reicht eigentlich um das ganze Übersichtlicher zu machen (wenn mehrere Leute gleichzeitig reden wird es sonst viel zu unübersichtlich, wer gerade das oder jenes gesagt hat!), ggf. benutze ich später auch noch zusätzlich andere Farben.
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 19:49

Danke für die Erklärung ;)
Den grauen Text find ich gut, allerdings sollte das ganze nicht allzu bunt werden ;)

HoM 50/50 Geschafft!

LegendKillerII

Datenbankbetreuer
GWCom-Team

Donnerstag, 3. November 2011, 19:58

Danke für die Erklärung ;)
Den grauen Text find ich gut, allerdings sollte das ganze nicht allzu bunt werden ;)
Keine Ursache, ich freu mich doch wenn jemand fragt ;)
Und ich werde mein bestes tun, den Text nicht zu bunt werden zu lassen.
The Falken Courier

[EN/DE]

Hannes VanDer Werft

Redakteur
GWCom-Team

Charaktername (GW2): Hannes / Grimm vander Werft

Heimwelt: Riverside / Flussufer

Freitag, 4. November 2011, 11:42

Ich finde die grauen Abstufungen gut (Grau ungleich bunt), würde aber auch von dem Gebrauch von mehr Farben abraten.
Diese Problematik mit dem Totsein ist mir so gar nicht aufgefallen. Für mich war eigentlich klar, dass er tot gewesen sein muss, schließlich ist seine Rüstung ja auch schon halbzerfallen.
Wo sein Geist gewesen ist, bevor er zurückgerufen wurde, ist ja wissenschaftlich auch (noch?) nicht belegbar. Ich finde die Idee mit dem nicht-wissen und sich erst orientieren müssen eigentlich sehr charmant. Das würde auch erklären, warum im Volksmund die Untoten oft als hirnlose Deppen Gestalten beschrieben werden. Das könnten dann die sein, die es entweder mental nicht verkraftet haben bzw. deren Seele nicht mehr den Weg in den Körper gefunden haben. Alternativ könnte man auch den Nekromanten entsprechende Unfähigkeit vorwerfen und ihn aus der Gewerkschaft für Nekromantie rausschmeißen... :thumbsup:

Klasse Arbeit! Weiter so! Ich freue mich schon auf die nächsten Kapitel! :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: Die Axt im Haus spart den Zimmermann... :thumbsup: